Recently, I was responding to a forum discussion where the issue mentioned was as shown below.
“Occasionally, one of the subsystems that we integrate invoices from will send over an invoice with an incorrect date (11/20/1911 instead of 11/20/2011). These invoices post just fine. However, when we process a check run that includes an invoice with this old invoice date, the checks print just fine but then there is a check batch posting interruption. Is this a known issue in GP?”
I tried a similar scenario in v2010 R2 (11.0.1860) and I am able to replicate this issue. The error I receive is as follows. Even if I try to recover the batch from Batch Recovery, it tries posting again, and it ends up with the posting interruption. This causes the batch to be locked completely and I am unable to remove the batch from the application. I updated the batch status using SQL and the Edit List shows fine without issues.
This looked like a bug in the system and responded back accordingly. However, there was a response from a Microsoft moderator, and she had confirmed that there was a free tool in Professional Services Tools Library called “Document Date Verify Tool”, which will check to make sure the Document Date is valid within the fiscal periods you have set up for a variety of modules.
Frankly speaking, this fix should have been in the application code, and would need a change to the application code (instead of having to install a separate tool (even if free) to fix the problem. The moderator recommended me to add this as a product suggestion which I have done using Microsoft Connect in the URL below.
Let’s see how many people get to vouch for this. I understand that there is a solution which fixes this, but technically speaking, this should have been fixed in the product code itself, in my understanding. Hope you people get to vouch for it and take it to Microsoft to build this into the standard application logic.
Until next post!