One of the challenges that I been trying to achieve is having my reports graphically designed to show data on “Maps” and that always been the toughest part customers might request. Few days back I been researching with my colleagues on how the “Sales By States” KPI works in Dynamics GP that dynamically pulls the sales of each state on the US map and discovered the “Map” feature in SSRS! We have been able to download the “.shp” file for Jordan map from one of the online free GIS providers and integrated this will SSRS, and then created the following report in SSRS in few minutes, saved this report in SSRS and been able to print this report from GP business analyzer: This article is just to show that this is doable for users to give it a try.
We at Dynamics Innovations has developed a product for Dynamics GP allows end users to control the generation of the ID for customers, vendors and items, the tool is free and available for use immediately, just drop me a mail and I will be sending the tool for you, once you get the DLL, please follow steps below to activate the product: 1. Copy sent DLL to GPAddIns Folder
I got a very interesting case few months back, one of my customers implemented the Management Reporter and tried to implement their existing reports, it went well but for the reports that uses the Analytical Accounting Budgets that has filters over specific dimensions, budget amounts were not pulled at all. At that time I tried very hard to resolve the issue with no luck, and therefore I had to install the FRx and work out the reports there till getting this resolved by Microsoft
This morning I enjoyed reading a book by Ian Grieve discussing Dynamics GP Financials – Related modules, it contains all the information needed to to cover your financial needs using Microsoft Dynamics GP, it starts with Analytical Accounting module, moving to Cashflow Management, Budgeting and finally PO Commitment and Encumbrance Management. For those who would like to learn more about the mentioned modules, I would recommend purchasing and reading this book from the below link, it worth every buck! http://bit.ly/16n4oO2 Regards, — Mohammad R. Daoud MVP – MCT MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS +962 – 79 – 999 65 85 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.di.jo
As many of you might notice, upon exporting huge number of records from Smart List (specifically more than 32,767 records) Smart List generates an error, this is actually a bug in GP 2013 which reflect the maximum number the integer can handle. The good thing is that this was resolved in the newly released SP 2: Regards, — Mohammad R. Daoud MVP – MCT MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS +962 – 79 – 999 65 85 email@example.com http://www.di.jo
I ran into the below error this morning while installing business portal for Dynamics GP 2013: ———————————————————————– Feature Id: 538b415a-89eb-4de6-a93c-9fea1d565363 Location: C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions14TEMPLATEFEATURESBPGPReportsCenter Action: Activate Exception: Folder Executive – Company Name does not exist. Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Dynamics.SharePoint.Helper.ValidateFolder(SPList pageLibraryList, String folder) at Microsoft.Dynamics.SharePoint.Helper.AddFolderPermission(String siteRelativePath, String pageLibrary, String folder, String group, String permissionLevel) at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.BusinessPortal.GPReportsCenter.CenterActivateProcess(String urlCenterLibrary, String quickLunchTitle, String groupName, String groupDesc, String folderName, String pageLibraryName) at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.BusinessPortal.GPReportsCenter.FeatureActivated(SPFeatureReceiverProperties properties) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.DoActivationCallout(Boolean fActivate, Boolean fForce) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.Activate(SPSite siteParent, SPWeb webParent, SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, Boolean fForce) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.AddInternal(SPFeatureDefinition featdef, Version version, SPFeaturePropertyCollection properties, Boolean force, Boolean fMarkOnly) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.AddInternalWithName(Guid featureId, String featureName, Version version, SPFeaturePropertyCollection properties, Boolean force, Boolean fMarkOnly, SPFeatureDefinitionScope featdefScope) at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.Add(Guid featureId) at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Deployment.SharePoint.Office14.FeatureAdapter.Activate(Guid id, FeatureScope scope, String siteCollection, String relativeUrl) at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.SharePoint.SharePointActivateFeature.OnPerform(IFeature spFeature, SharePointFeatureInformation spFeatureInfo) at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.SharePoint.SharePointFeatureDeploymentProcessor.Process(IFeature featureInterface, SharePointFeatureCustomActionData data) ———————————————————————– After searching everything on the internet and investigated all possibilities I found finally that one of my companies contains “-“ and “*”, removing these from this company resolved my issue! Regards, — Mohammad R. Daoud MVP – MCT MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS +962 – 79 – 999 65 85 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.di.jo