It seems our community is under spam attack! It is getting spammed by few LOVE Specialists! I would kindly ask for users who has outstanding questions to “repost” their questions once Microsoft folks resolves this attack! I feel like CAPTCHA will be added soon to the community to avoid such spammers and also to annoy users! Regards, — Mohammad R. Daoud MVP – MCT MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS +962 – 79 – 999 65 85 email@example.com http://www.di.jo
In earlier Dynamics GP versions, we used to use a module called MDA to manage our accounts dimensions and reduce the size of the chart of accounts, the module is very stable and works perfectly but with limited functionalities, when the Analytical Accounting was introduced, this module was retired and was no longer enhanced by Microsoft. Personally, I been fighting with Analytical Accounting issues for many years now, I can count free hours spent to correct journals at the database level that unjustifiably corrupted and was not linked to the correct figures, which makes it a little bit annoying.
This morning I been thinking about the new security structure for Dynamics GP web-client user who does not have SQL Users, and how these users will interact with SQL Server, I had to go through this as I have a client who’s running a very strict policy in granting SQL permissions for domain users. Getting through this, I have created few users with multiple scenarios as below: The first user linked to domain account called that “TEST1”, but didn’t check “Web Client user only (no SQL Server Account)” The second user linked to domain account called that “TEST2”, and checked the “Web Client user only (no SQL Server Account)” option. I have noticed that the first case created an “SQL User Account” called “TEST1” and didn’t granted the domain user any access to the database, and the second didn’t create any users which been a mystery to me understanding which user will be used to access the SQL Server! To test this I have modified the GL00100 table and added a new column called “UserName” –this is for testing only, you cannot do this on GP tables!- and set the default value for this column to be “SUSER_SNAME()” function which returns the user who’s currently logged in and started my testing by creating new accounts! Logged in by TEST1 to the web client and created a new account, the result was somehow wired, the user who was recorded was “DYNSA” Logged in by TEST2 to the web client and created a new account, the result was the same, the user who was recorded was “DYNSA” as well
Dynamics GP 2013 R2 upgrade: The following SQL statement produced an error: exec wfDeployClrAssemblies
During the upgrade process to Dynamics GP 2013 R2 with one of my customers we got the error in the subject, the issue is with dropping one of the SQL level Assemblies called “System.DirectoryServices” that been used by “Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.WorkflowGP.WorkflowEngine”. The “System.DirectoryServices” assembly is being used by the Workflow module in Dynamics GP, if you have workflow installed you will not be able to drop this reference as you will be having another assembly depending on this and the other assembly is being used by 7 functions and stored procedures.
You might need to change the currency index for one of your currencies, I needed this during a consolidation project for multiple DYNAMICS databases and needed to change the currency index field for all company tables, take a look into the below script, I have used the “Information_Schema” to get all columns that are called “ CURRNIDX” and updated these using SQL Cursor, considering that I taking a backup for each table before doing the operation: DECLARE @Statement VARCHAR (8000) DECLARE @TABLENAME VARCHAR (500) DECLARE CURR Cursor FOR SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS WHERE COLUMN_NAME = ‘ CURRNIDX ‘ AND COLUMN_DEFAULT IS NOT NULL OPEN CURR FETCH NEXT FROM CURR INTO @TABLENAME WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0 BEGIN SET @Statement = ‘ SELECT * INTO ‘ + @TABLENAME + ‘ _BAK FROM ‘ + @TABLENAME EXEC (@Statement) SET @Statement = ‘ UPDATE ‘ + @TABLENAME + ‘ SET CURRNIDX = NEW CURRENCY ID WHERE CURRNIDX = OLD CURRENCY ID ‘ EXEC (@Statement) FETCH NEXT FROM CURR INTO @TABLENAME END CLOSE CURR DEALLOCATE CURR Regards, — Mohammad R. Daoud MVP – MCT MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS +962 – 79 – 999 65 85 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.di.jo
After updating the currency index field across all database, one of the users has reported that currency symbol does not match the functional currency symbol defined in the currency setup, and for some screens multiple currencies are shown as below: After looking for this I have found this in MC40000 table, the Currency ID field represents the correct functional currency but the index was referring to another currency, updating the currency index field fixed the issue. Regards, — Mohammad R. Daoud MVP – MCT MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS +962 – 79 – 999 65 85 email@example.com http://www.di.jo