Developers: Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Service Pack 2 moves the Vendor and Customer Combiner & Modifier into core code
Now before you ask…. the answer is No, I have not spent all week playing XBox One (as mentioned on the last post )
Today, I came across an issue where a feature in Microsoft Dynamics GP would work when the workstation had its regional settings set to United States, but would fail to produce any data when the workstation had its regional setting set to Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, etc. We have seen related issues where code would appear to work for the first 12 days of a month, but would generate errors on the 13 th day of the month when using non United States regional settings. We have also seen issues where errors get generated when there is a single quote character in data, or records beginning with Z failing to be included when processing or printing reports.
Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Service Pack 2 fixes Named Printers and Page Orientation settings not being honoured
As mentioned in my post, Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013, Printer Selection, Named Printers, Page Orientation and the System Print Dialog , there was an issue where the feature to allow the printer destination to be changed after the report had been printed to screen did not honour printer setting changes made by Named Printers or the page orientation setting from report writer. This issue was logged as Problem Report 68382: GP 2013 System Print Dialog ignores printer Destination provided on Run Report command (as used by Named Printers). I am happy to announce that this bug has been fixed in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Service Pack 2. So now you can have printer selection cake and eat it too.
Date Function Errors from SmartList Account Transactions fixed in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Service Pack 2
A little while ago I spent some time in a long screen sharing session to identify the cause of some really unusual errors being generated from SmartList Account Transactions favourite in Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Service Pack 1. This issue has now been fixed for Microsoft Dynamics GP 2013 Service Pack 2 . The errors did not occur on the RTM build, before Service Pack 1 was installed, and do not occur with all transactions listed in the SmartList
I had a recent case where a customer was having performance problems with printing to PDF files. If you print a report to the screen and then Send to Mail as PDF it was fast, but if you try to directly email the report as a PDF it would be really slow (minutes rather than seconds).
This issue took me a little while to discover the cause, but now that I understand what was happening I thought I would let you know in case you come across a similar issue. Most of the time I put my work laptop into sleep mode overnight and so I don’t reboot my machine very often.
Yesterday, I had a support case come in where the customer was complaining that SmartList was not working properly and that the Search window was not being displayed correctly. The Problem During a screen sharing session with the customer, they explained that when they first opened SmartList and then the Search window it would say “Search Not Found” in the title and that clicking on the Columns button would not show any fields.