Tag: facebook

Dynamics GP Land: Importing Payroll Posting Accounts

Dynamics GP Land: Importing Payroll Posting Accounts

Payroll posting accounts can be fairly straightforward, but for some users the combination of code/department/position can create a seemingly neverending matrix of possibilities- particularly when factoring in the use of ALL for  …

Continue Reading

Dynamics GP Land: Two potential Dynamics GP design limitations …

| 08/17/2013 | 0 Comments
Dynamics GP Land: Two potential Dynamics GP design limitations …

http ://www.precipioservices.com.

Continue Reading

eConnectException: The stored procedure 'ta______' doesn't exist

| 08/16/2013 | 0 Comments
eConnectException: The stored procedure 'ta______' doesn't exist

http ://www.precipioservices.com.

Continue Reading

Dynamics GP Business Portal: Folder Executive– CompanyName does not exist.

| 07/03/2013 | 0 Comments
Dynamics GP Business Portal: Folder Executive– CompanyName does not exist.

I ran into the below error this morning while installing business portal for Dynamics GP 2013: ———————————————————————– Feature Id:  538b415a-89eb-4de6-a93c-9fea1d565363       Location:  C:Program FilesCommon FilesMicrosoft SharedWeb Server Extensions14TEMPLATEFEATURESBPGPReportsCenter         Action:  Activate      Exception:  Folder Executive – Company Name does not exist.    Stack Trace:     at Microsoft.Dynamics.SharePoint.Helper.ValidateFolder(SPList pageLibraryList, String folder)    at Microsoft.Dynamics.SharePoint.Helper.AddFolderPermission(String siteRelativePath, String pageLibrary, String folder, String group, String permissionLevel)    at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.BusinessPortal.GPReportsCenter.CenterActivateProcess(String urlCenterLibrary, String quickLunchTitle, String groupName, String groupDesc, String folderName, String pageLibraryName)    at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.BusinessPortal.GPReportsCenter.FeatureActivated(SPFeatureReceiverProperties properties)    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.DoActivationCallout(Boolean fActivate, Boolean fForce)    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeature.Activate(SPSite siteParent, SPWeb webParent, SPFeaturePropertyCollection props, Boolean fForce)    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.AddInternal(SPFeatureDefinition featdef, Version version, SPFeaturePropertyCollection properties, Boolean force, Boolean fMarkOnly)    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.AddInternalWithName(Guid featureId, String featureName, Version version, SPFeaturePropertyCollection properties, Boolean force, Boolean fMarkOnly, SPFeatureDefinitionScope featdefScope)    at Microsoft.SharePoint.SPFeatureCollection.Add(Guid featureId)    at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Deployment.SharePoint.Office14.FeatureAdapter.Activate(Guid id, FeatureScope scope, String siteCollection, String relativeUrl)    at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.SharePoint.SharePointActivateFeature.OnPerform(IFeature spFeature, SharePointFeatureInformation spFeatureInfo)    at Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Deployment.WindowsInstaller.SharePoint.SharePointFeatureDeploymentProcessor.Process(IFeature featureInterface, SharePointFeatureCustomActionData data) ———————————————————————– After searching everything on the internet and investigated all possibilities I found finally that one of my companies contains “-“ and “*”, removing these from this company resolved my issue! Regards, — Mohammad R. Daoud MVP – MCT MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS +962 – 79 – 999 65 85 me@mohdaoud.com http://www.di.jo

Continue Reading

Update SQL Server Collation for a Clustered Installation

| 07/01/2013 | 0 Comments
Update SQL Server Collation for a Clustered Installation

I been in a situation with one of my clients where I been implementing and Active/Active clustering setup over SQL Server 2008 R2 as my customer is still using GP 10.0, after finalizing and testing everything I noticed that the code page I must use is 1256 while I have used 1250!!! Thanks god for having a utilities to update the collation without having to destroy the cluster! I have followed the steps below and it worked like a charm: 1. Backup your objects! As this process will drop logins, linked servers, jobs, and anything related to the instant itself plus will de-attach your database. 2.

Continue Reading

An error occurred while initializing or loading an AddIn . . .

I received this error after a new install of GP2013 on my laptop.  Not having yet installed any of the AddIns, it was a bit confusing.  I reviewed the Windows log and it referred to a Communicator conflict.  Jonathan Fear of Microsoft helped me with the tip to resolve – delete the Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.Rtc.dll that resides in the GP2013 folder.  I’m guessing there was a conflict with the latest version of Windows Live Messenger/Skype because I had installed GP2013 prior to converting Live Messenger to Skype and didn’t encounter this error.

Continue Reading

The ‘Other List’ is out and I’m in trouble!

| 05/08/2013 | 0 Comments

  Well, the ‘Other List’ was released today, and my name was on it. I fear now that my awesomeness has just taken a critical (if not mortal) hit.

Continue Reading