5 years back I have published a script that allows you to view amount in words in Arabic, what we call it “TAFQEET”, the article is published under the following link: http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/2008/10/convert-numbers-to-arabic-words-tafqeet_5647.html I been getting many requests across the years on how to make this works for Excel and my answer was always that you cannot make it as it is an SQL based function and not a VBA. This morning I have see a comment sharing me a video that shows how to make a simple VBA script to achieve the ENGLISH amount in words and the video is below: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYAxYtzBi5A Moving forward I decided to make the same for ARABIC language considering that I have a script that works on .NET does the same and all what I need to do is to make this works for Visual Basic for Applications and the result is below: 1. Download the function from the following path: http://www.di.jo/files/DI.bas If that file was viewed and not downloaded, please right click and click “Save Target AS”.
This morning I been thinking about the new security structure for Dynamics GP web-client user who does not have SQL Users, and how these users will interact with SQL Server, I had to go through this as I have a client who’s running a very strict policy in granting SQL permissions for domain users. Getting through this, I have created few users with multiple scenarios as below: The first user linked to domain account called that “TEST1”, but didn’t check “Web Client user only (no SQL Server Account)” The second user linked to domain account called that “TEST2”, and checked the “Web Client user only (no SQL Server Account)” option. I have noticed that the first case created an “SQL User Account” called “TEST1” and didn’t granted the domain user any access to the database, and the second didn’t create any users which been a mystery to me understanding which user will be used to access the SQL Server! To test this I have modified the GL00100 table and added a new column called “UserName” –this is for testing only, you cannot do this on GP tables!- and set the default value for this column to be “SUSER_SNAME()” function which returns the user who’s currently logged in and started my testing by creating new accounts! Logged in by TEST1 to the web client and created a new account, the result was somehow wired, the user who was recorded was “DYNSA” Logged in by TEST2 to the web client and created a new account, the result was the same, the user who was recorded was “DYNSA” as well
Dynamics GP 2013 R2 upgrade: The following SQL statement produced an error: exec wfDeployClrAssemblies
During the upgrade process to Dynamics GP 2013 R2 with one of my customers we got the error in the subject, the issue is with dropping one of the SQL level Assemblies called “System.DirectoryServices” that been used by “Microsoft.Dynamics.GP.WorkflowGP.WorkflowEngine”. The “System.DirectoryServices” assembly is being used by the Workflow module in Dynamics GP, if you have workflow installed you will not be able to drop this reference as you will be having another assembly depending on this and the other assembly is being used by 7 functions and stored procedures.
After updating the currency index field across all database, one of the users has reported that currency symbol does not match the functional currency symbol defined in the currency setup, and for some screens multiple currencies are shown as below: After looking for this I have found this in MC40000 table, the Currency ID field represents the correct functional currency but the index was referring to another currency, updating the currency index field fixed the issue. Regards, — Mohammad R. Daoud MVP – MCT MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS +962 – 79 – 999 65 85 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.di.jo
A couple of weeks back I needed to consolidate two DYNAMICS databases and move companies from the first DYNAMICS to the second, this for sure requires Company IDs to be changed as it might be taken by another companies on the main DYNAMICS, to fix this once for all I have wrote the following script: DECLARE @Statement VARCHAR (8000) DECLARE @TABLENAME VARCHAR (500) DECLARE CURR Cursor FOR SELECT TABLE_NAME FROM INFORMATION_SCHEMA.COLUMNS WHERE COLUMN_NAME = ‘ CMPANYID ‘ AND COLUMN_DEFAULT IS NOT NULL OPEN CURR FETCH NEXT FROM CURR INTO @TABLENAME WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0 BEGIN SET @Statement = ‘ SELECT * INTO ‘ + @TABLENAME + ‘ _BAK FROM ‘ + @TABLENAME EXEC (@Statement) SET @Statement = ‘ UPDATE ‘ + @TABLENAME + ‘ SET CMPANYID = NEW COMPANY ID WHERE CMPANYID = OLD COMPANY ID ‘ EXEC (@Statement) FETCH NEXT FROM CURR INTO @TABLENAME END CLOSE CURR DEALLOCATE CURR Hope that this helps. Regards, — Mohammad R. Daoud MVP – MCT MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS +962 – 79 – 999 65 85 email@example.com http://www.di.jo
One of my customers recently upgraded his environment to SQL 2012 and GP 2013 from windows 2003 and GP 9.0, upon installing Management Reporter with CU 9.0 that supports SQL 2012 I have realized that it cumulative update no longer supports windows XP, therefore I had to rollback my installation and install CU8 then re-imported my reports.
I got a request from one of my customers to disable the flag of “Remember Company” that exists on the company login form below: I have made this using VBA, please download the code using the link below: http://di.jo/Files/RememberCompany.zip Regards, — Mohammad R. Daoud MVP – MCT MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS +962 – 79 – 999 65 85 firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.di.jo